The Stevens Factory was located in Weedsport, NY. It opened in 1880 and closed in 1902. Stevens decoys were hand carved but were considered "factory" decoys because the Stevens brothers advertised and sold nationally. Their decoys had long, rounded bodies, paddle type tails and inlaid lead weights. Feather details were painted on using a "combing" technique. The heads were screwed into the body from the top of the head.